Monday, February 24, 2014

The Belita Bag "Angel"

The Belita Bag. She is named after the most wonderful, loving, nurturing, sensitive and kind woman I know. My mother. On this bag I have employed sweet little white angel wings for our theme "Angel." Inspiration for "Angel" is drawn from Hebrews 13:2, "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares." I was a freshman in college when I fest learned of this verse. I was coming home late one night, and found myself in the company of a chatty cabby who made me very nervous. I was young and naive to the big city life, and was very uncertain and uncomfortable with the "comfort" my cab driver had with his passenger. I feared the worse that night when we finally arrived at the foot of my college dormitory. He said, "I want to share something with you." He arched over to the side, reaching to pull something out of his pocket. I literally thought he was pulling out a weapon. To my greatest surprise, I saw rise above the back of his seat and in his hands a small pocket Bible. He said to me, "You have been such a delight to talk to! I would like to share a scripture verse with you, if you don't mind." It was then that her read to me this exact passage from the book of Hebrews.That memory as stuck with me for the past 20 years. My heart felt thanks to the God-loving cabby that showed me the importance of this meaningful passage.

Belita is composed of faux crocodile skin, Italian hammered hardware, and leather handles made in the USA. The top of the handbag features long rectangular flaps that lay inset across the top of the bag so to prevent your worldly goods from falling out. They hold closed by hidden super strong magnets.
The purse charms are created by Susan Ragsdale Lloyd, of Powhatan, Va. her line of jewelry, designs by susan, are always unique, well make and hand crafted.

The theme for "Angel" is further reflected here with various sizes of angel wings, mingling with clear, purple and pink beads.


I spare no expense when it comes to detail and organization. The Belita Bag has plenty of places to nest away all of your girly items. In total this handbag has eight pockets. Six on the inside and two on the outside (they are flat pockets located at the center of the font and back panels). Every pocket is lined with a coordinating fabric to accent the aqua lining and bold magenta exterior.

No comments: