Friday, February 21, 2014

The Belita Bag "Heart & Soul"

 The Belita Bag. She is named after the most wonderful, loving, nurturing, sensitive and kind woman I know. My mother. That woman bleeds red, white, and blue. The last time she asked me to be her interior decorator for their family room, the only colors she gave me to work with were red, white and blue. I said, "Mom, I won't do this again unless you give me something else to work with." (It was beautiful I must admit). Just as my mother lives out loud her patriotism and her love for this country, I could find no other way to represent her best but by using the same color palate that she so eloquently wears day in and day out: Red, White & Blue. I love you, Mom.
 Belita is composed of faux leather, Italian hammered hardware, and leather handles made in the USA. The top of the handbag features long rectangular flaps that lay inset across the top of the bag so to prevent your worldly goods from falling out. They hold closed by hidden super strong magnets.
"Heart & Soul" is the theme for this handbag, represented by the Celtic heart in the bottom right corner of the bag. According to scripture, the heart is the inner person, the moral and spiritual center.
1 Samuel 16:7, "But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at things people look at. People look at the outward appearances, but the Lord looks at the heart.'"

Click on any photo to see a larger image.
I spare no expense when it comes to detail and organization. The Belita Bag has plenty of places to nest away all of your girly items. In total this handbag has eight pockets. Six on the inside and two on the outside (they are flat pockets located at the center of the front and back panels). Every pocket is lined with a lovely paisley print in shades of periwinkle, French blue, Navy blue, and white. Although it is not visible in this photograph, my signature cascade of fabrics is represented on the opposite side of the center dividing panel. Care to guess what three colors it is composed of?


The purse charms are created by Susan Ragsdale Lloyd, of Powhatan, Va. Her line of jewelry, designs by susan, are always unique, well made and crafted by hand.

The theme for "Heart & Soul" is further reflected here with various shapes and sizes of the heart, mingling with glossy beads.

Note: The color of The Belita Bag appears different here because of the difference between natural light and artificial light. This is the exact same handbag.

No comments: